Tired of lugging a child’s car seat with you when you travel? If your young one weighs between 40-100 pounds (18-45 kgs) and is 40-57 inches (101-145 cm), you might want to take a good look at the lightweight inflatable BubbleBum Child Booster Car Seat ($39.99).
This seat works for most kids ages 4 to 11 – but only in cars and only with a 3-point
seatbelt. It’s not certified for use on aircraft.
The great thing is that it weighs almost nothing and is perfect for taxis, rentals cars and other situations that arise when you’re on vacation. It’s also really handy when you need to put three kids safely in a backseat that accommodates only two standard car seats.
A couple of tips about the BubbleBum Child Booster Car Seat:
- I recommend you buy the black seat unless you REALLY like purple
- Don’t panic when you see the word “inflatable” because it’s really easy. (No danger of turning blue while you blow.)
- BubbleBum has been tested and approved by various agencies, but every state and country has their own set of acceptable standards. I recommend checking the ones that apply in your travel destination.
- BubbleBum has received many awards including the Best Bet designation by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.
- Because I care A LOT about kids, I recommend you Google “BubbleBum reviews” and form your own opinion before using this product with your child.
- Having said that (and having read the reviews), I’m definitely packing my
BubbleBum the next time we travel.
Category: Travelling with Kids